Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re - Connection

Re - Connection

=?Utf-8?B?UG9ydGhvcw==?=

Hi there,

Every now and again, my connection keeps dropping with my router, I can
reconnect it but I must do it manually by literlly telling the computer to
connect to the router, on my other computers, they connect automaticlly but
this 1 doesn't,

So please can somone tell me what to do to make it connect automaticlly,

Thanks,

From Porthos.

Malke

Porthos wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Every now and again, my connection keeps dropping with my router, I
> can reconnect it but I must do it manually by literlly telling the
> computer to connect to the router, on my other computers, they connect
> automaticlly but this 1 doesn't,
>
> So please can somone tell me what to do to make it connect
> automaticlly,

Since you don't experience problems with your other computers, the
router is not misbehaving. Look at your wireless adapter's properties
in Device Manager. See if there is a Power Management tab and if you
can turn off power management by unchecking "allow Windows to turn off
the device...". See if that helps.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell