Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox

Firefox

Reb

Hi I've just had to format and re-install everything and there are some
things I cannot remember about Firefox.

I'm sorry if these questions have been dealt with before.

How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

How do I make a new tab display my default page?

How do I change the cache folder?

I'm sure there will be other questions as I delve further.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Reb wrote:

> How do I change the cache folder?

in the address bar type in about:config and look for this line:

browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

once found, double click on it and change it. If its not
there to begin with, then right click on any entry, select
New, String, and enter the line above into the first box,
then the location into the second.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Reb wrote:

> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:

browser.underline_anchors

once found, double click on the and change it to false

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Lukan

>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?
>
> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>
> browser.underline_anchors
>
> once found, double click on the and change it to false

....struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....

Someone help me out.

Lukan wrote:
>>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

>> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>>
>> browser.underline_anchors
>>
>> once found, double click on the and change it to false

> ...struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....
>
> Someone help me out.

help you out with what?

Lukan wrote:
>>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

>> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>>
>> browser.underline_anchors
>>
>> once found, double click on the and change it to false

> ...struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....
>
> Someone help me out.

Hi I do it because a long list of links can look a little cluttered on a
page

Reb

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Reb wrote:
>
>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>
> browser.underline_anchors
>
> once found, double click on the and change it to false

Thanks for that. Probably the reason I could not find anything relating
to this was because the string did not exist.

Reb wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> Reb wrote:
>>
>>> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

>> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>>
>> browser.underline_anchors
>>
>> once found, double click on the and change it to false
>>

> Thanks for that. Probably the reason I could not find anything relating
> to this was because the string did not exist.

if it doesn't exist, then right click on any entry, select
New, Boolean, and enter the required entries.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Reb

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Reb wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
>>>
>>> browser.underline_anchors
>>>
>>> once found, double click on the and change it to false
>>>

>> Thanks for that. Probably the reason I could not find anything
>> relating to this was because the string did not exist.

> if it doesn't exist, then right click on any entry, select New, Boolean,
> and enter the required entries.

Thanks Peter all done!

FoxWolfie Galen

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 18:35:57 +1200, Lukan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> How do I stop hyperlinks being underlined?

> > in the address bar type in about:config and look for this entry:
> >
> > browser.underline_anchors
> >
> > once found, double click on the and change it to false

> ...struggling to think of a reason why anyone would want to do this....
>
> Someone help me out.

I have low vision, and underlined links make them nearly impossible for me
to read. I've disabled the underlines ever since I used Netscape version
1.x, soon to be 15 years ago. People make these sorts of personal
adjustments for any number of reasons, but readability and accessibility
are certainly high on the list for some of us. Thankfully, both Netscape,
and Firefox, have always allowed for making this very important change.
--
FoxWolfie