Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to change color of logo in .jpg file?

How to change color of logo in .jpg file?

Clueless in Seattle

I've to a .jpg file of a logo in light blue against a white
background.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8...gosmallvv8.jpg

I'd like to change the color of the logo to dark green. Can this be
done?

I've got MS paint and the free version of IranView already installed
on my computer which is running Win2K.

dadiOH

Clueless in Seattle wrote:
> I've to a .jpg file of a logo in light blue against a white
> background.
>
> http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8...gosmallvv8.jpg
>
> I'd like to change the color of the logo to dark green. Can this be
> done?
>
> I've got MS paint and the free version of IranView already installed
> on my computer which is running Win2K.

1. Open it in Paint
2. Read Paint's help file
3. Select or make the color you want
4. Use the "flood" tool (the paint can) to change the color. That will
change all pixels adjacent to each other IF they are all the same color. If
not, you will have to use the pencil looking tool and change them one by
one.
5. Save it

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Blinky the Shark

dadiOH wrote:

> Clueless in Seattle wrote:
>> I've to a .jpg file of a logo in light blue against a white background.
>>
>> http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8...gosmallvv8.jpg
>>
>> I'd like to change the color of the logo to dark green. Can this be
>> done?
>>
>> I've got MS paint and the free version of IranView already installed on
>> my computer which is running Win2K.

> 1. Open it in Paint
> 2. Read Paint's help file
> 3. Select or make the color you want
> 4. Use the "flood" tool (the paint can) to change the color. That will
> change all pixels adjacent to each other IF they are all the same color.
> If not, you will have to use the pencil looking tool and change them one
> by one.
> 5. Save it

Glad you didn't try to help the Google Groper doofus with his "IranView".
Might find found some secret nuclear weapons plants, and that would cause
quite a stir.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

M.L.

>> I've to a .jpg file of a logo in light blue against a white
>> background.
>>
>> http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8...gosmallvv8.jpg
>>
>> I'd like to change the color of the logo to dark green. Can this be
>> done?

I made a stab at it with Photoscape (freeware) www.photoscape.org

Using the Home tab, I selected the Colorize menu item from the Color
Adjustment button
Selected green from the palette
Set its level to 100%, then clicked OK out of that window
Selected the Darken menu item
Via trial and error I set Darken (high) and Darken (gray tone) to get my
final result. You'll probably do better.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...lvv8_green.jpg

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>dadiOH wrote:
>
>> Clueless in Seattle wrote:
>>> I've to a .jpg file of a logo in light blue against a white background.
>>>
>>> http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8...gosmallvv8.jpg
>>>
>>> I'd like to change the color of the logo to dark green. Can this be
>>> done?
>>>
>>> I've got MS paint and the free version of IranView already installed on
>>> my computer which is running Win2K.

>> 1. Open it in Paint
>> 2. Read Paint's help file
>> 3. Select or make the color you want
>> 4. Use the "flood" tool (the paint can) to change the color. That will
>> change all pixels adjacent to each other IF they are all the same color.
>> If not, you will have to use the pencil looking tool and change them one
>> by one.
>> 5. Save it

>Glad you didn't try to help the Google Groper doofus with his "IranView".
>Might find found some secret nuclear weapons plants, and that would cause
>quite a stir.

? ! ?

google a problem you can't filter?

http://www.gimp.org/ a high learning curve for what your trying.

--

Model Falls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-cxi...eature=related

Blinky the Shark

Pennywise wrote:

> Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>dadiOH wrote:

>>> 1. Open it in Paint
>>> 2. Read Paint's help file
>>> 3. Select or make the color you want
>>> 4. Use the "flood" tool (the paint can) to change the color. That will
>>> change all pixels adjacent to each other IF they are all the same
>>> color. If not, you will have to use the pencil looking tool and change
>>> them one by one.
>>> 5. Save it

>>Glad you didn't try to help the Google Groper doofus with his "IranView".
>>Might find found some secret nuclear weapons plants, and that would cause
>>quite a stir.

> ? ! ?

Do *you* know of an IranView program? I only know of IrfanView. That
wasn't a spelling lame; it was fun with a typo (or the Grouper's thinko)
that made an interesting and funny new word.

> google a problem you can't filter?

I don't filter /replies/ to Google posts. I responded to one.

> http://www.gimp.org/ a high learning curve for what your trying.

I'm not trying anything. And I've used the Gimp for years.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net