Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP

ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP

Jerry C

I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the error

BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP

I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files
Directory fixes the problem.

Is there a way to prevent this problem.

Thank you
--
Jerry

Teemu Keiski

Are you sure you don't have the same ascx twice?. You should be able to
overcome this, by in @Control directive of the UV, giving it
ClassName="name" where name is something different than the name of your uc

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

"Jerry C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the
>error
>
> BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
>
> I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files
> Directory fixes the problem.
>
> Is there a way to prevent this problem.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Jerry

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Jerry,

This error is usually reporting that there are some pages or usercontrols
that have the same name in the generated assemblies since ASP.NET use a
dynamic compilation model. For example, you may contains a usercontrol and
a web page and they have the same name.

http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=55779

As Teemu suggested, you can try renaming the ascx control mentioned in the
error message to see whether that can eliminate the conflicting.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

--------------------
>From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
>Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:11:02 -0700

>I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the

error

>BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
>
>I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
>C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files
>Directory fixes the problem.
>
>Is there a way to prevent this problem.
>
>Thank you
>--
>Jerry

Jerry C

Thank you for the replys.

This error occours only once in a while. If I had duplicate files in the
directory it would occur every time the site compiles. Also the file name is
xxx_ascx The underbar is not used anywhere in my code for a name of a control
or class. this seems to be a framework error. Also If there were duplicate
names in my code I would have to remove them to get the code to compile. To
fix this error I have to remove the temp files and then it will compile. So I
do not think this is a error caused by duplicate file names. Also this
problem only occurs on one of my servers. The other server used for coding
and testing work OK. Remember this server can run for weeks before this
occurs. The link talks about problems that ocur every time the code is
compiled this is not the case here. Deleting the temp files clears the error
and the code compiles and runs OK.

Thank you
--
Jerry

"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> This error is usually reporting that there are some pages or usercontrols
> that have the same name in the generated assemblies since ASP.NET use a
> dynamic compilation model. For example, you may contains a usercontrol and
> a web page and they have the same name.
>
> http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=55779
>
> As Teemu suggested, you can try renaming the ascx control mentioned in the
> error message to see whether that can eliminate the conflicting.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> (E-Mail Removed).

> ications.

> --------------------
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >Subject: ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
> >Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:11:02 -0700

> >I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the

> error
> >
> >BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
> >
> >I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
> >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files
> >Directory fixes the problem.
> >
> >Is there a way to prevent this problem.
> >
> >Thank you
> >--
> >Jerry

Jerry C

Here is another post about the temp dir.
These users have the same problem. It is not duplicate files
My understanding of what you mean by duplicate files is a two files
aaabbb.ascx
aaabbb.aspx
I do not have this problem. The files in my app are in alpha order so it
would be easy to see if it existed. There are no other directories in the app
that contain that type of file.

Thank you,
--
Jerry

"Jerry C" wrote:

> I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the error
>
> BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
>
> I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
> C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files
> Directory fixes the problem.
>
> Is there a way to prevent this problem.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Jerry

Jerry C

sorry forgot to put in the page;

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=160949

Thank you
--
Jerry

"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> This error is usually reporting that there are some pages or usercontrols
> that have the same name in the generated assemblies since ASP.NET use a
> dynamic compilation model. For example, you may contains a usercontrol and
> a web page and they have the same name.
>
> http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=55779
>
> As Teemu suggested, you can try renaming the ascx control mentioned in the
> error message to see whether that can eliminate the conflicting.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> (E-Mail Removed).

> ications.

> --------------------
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >Subject: ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
> >Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:11:02 -0700

> >I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the

> error
> >
> >BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
> >
> >I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
> >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files
> >Directory fixes the problem.
> >
> >Is there a way to prevent this problem.
> >
> >Thank you
> >--
> >Jerry

Jerry C

I tried the suggestion to put in a ClassName= in the <%@ Control section of
the ascx file. This seemed to work. But when I deployed it then the next ascx
file in the app had the error. so after several rounds of this I just put the
ClassName in every ascx in the app and this worked.

So how is it I can have about a 100 duplicate ascx and aspx files in the
app and don't know it and not beable to find them. and why is only a problem
in one server of 5 and why has this just now become a problem after three
years ??? The control section and the class name of the code behind is
created by the development environment if it needs the CLassName= then why
does it not put it in. I think there is something else here and I think I
need to know that is is. I don't want this to happen at the customers sites.

Thank you,
--
Jerry

"Steven Cheng [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> This error is usually reporting that there are some pages or usercontrols
> that have the same name in the generated assemblies since ASP.NET use a
> dynamic compilation model. For example, you may contains a usercontrol and
> a web page and they have the same name.
>
> http://forums.codecharge.com/posts.php?post_id=55779
>
> As Teemu suggested, you can try renaming the ascx control mentioned in the
> error message to see whether that can eliminate the conflicting.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Steven Cheng
>
> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

> (E-Mail Removed).

> ications.

> --------------------
> >From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >Subject: ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
> >Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:11:02 -0700

> >I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the

> error
> >
> >BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
> >
> >I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
> >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files
> >Directory fixes the problem.
> >
> >Is there a way to prevent this problem.
> >
> >Thank you
> >--
> >Jerry

Lloyd Sheen

> [...]
>> follow
>> professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
>> most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
>> project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
>> handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscripti...t/default.aspx.
>> rights.
>>

>> --------------------
>> >From: =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnkgQw==?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> >Subject: ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
>> >Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:11:02 -0700

>> >I have a machine Windows Server 2003 using IIS 6.0 and I am getting the

>> error
>> >
>> >BC30560 prjob_ascx is ambiguous in the namespace ASP
>> >
>> >I found a fix. Deleting all the files in the
>> >C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Tem porary ASP.NET Files

I have exactly the same problem. There are no identical names, nothing even
close. It only happens when I change an ascx file. It will happen if I use
F5. If I then use the Start Debugging arrow on the toolbar it will start
and the next time not do this. I think it must have something to do with
the temp files.

LS

Jerry C

Lloyd,

See my last post. Put in the ClassName="classname" in the <%@ Control
section of the ascx file and see if that works. This has been a problem for a
while and now it seems to be getting worse must be some sort of update from
microsoft.

--
Jerry

"Lloyd Sheen" wrote:

> [...]
> >> most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
> >> that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions or complex
> >> project analysis and dump analysis issues. Issues of this nature are best
> >> handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer by contacting
> >> Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
> >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscripti...t/default.aspx.
> >> ==================================================
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> --------------------

> >> error

> I have exactly the same problem. There are no identical names, nothing even
> close. It only happens when I change an ascx file. It will happen if I use
> F5. If I then use the Start Debugging arrow on the toolbar it will start
> and the next time not do this. I think it must have something to do with

Lloyd Sheen

"Jerry C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lloyd,
>
> See my last post. Put in the ClassName="classname" in the <%@ Control
> section of the ascx file and see if that works. This has been a problem
> for a
> while and now it seems to be getting worse must be some sort of update
> from
> microsoft.
>
> --
> Jerry
>

> "Lloyd Sheen" wrote:
>

>> "Jerry C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I tried the suggestion to put in a ClassName= in the <%@ Control
>> >section
>> >of
>> > the ascx file. This seemed to work. But when I deployed it then the
>> > next
>> > ascx
>> > file in the app had the error. so after several rounds of this I just
>> > put
>> > the
>> > ClassName in every ascx in the app and this worked.
>> >
>> > So how is it I can have about a 100 duplicate ascx and aspx files in
>> > the
>> > app and don't know it and not beable to find them. and why is only a
>> > problem
>> > in one server of 5 and why has this just now become a problem after
>> > three
>> > years ??? The control section and the class name of the code behind is
>> > created by the development environment if it needs the CLassName= then
>> > why
>> > does it not put it in. I think there is something else here and I think
>> > need to know that is is. I don't want this to happen at the customers
>> > sites.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > --
>> > Jerry

>> I have exactly the same problem. There are no identical names, nothing
>> even
>> close. It only happens when I change an ascx file. It will happen if I
>> use
>> F5. If I then use the Start Debugging arrow on the toolbar it will start
>> and the next time not do this. I think it must have something to do with
>> the temp files.
>>
>> LS

thanks I will check that out.

LS