Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > vertical desktop

vertical desktop

Preferred Customer

I am not sure how this happened, but yesterday when I was responding to a
spybot warning and denying a change to my registry I clicked on the mouse to
deny the change and my entire desktop moved to the right and went vertical.
( by vertical I mean, everything is sideways. in order to see a normal
desktop I have to eithr stand the monitor on its side or turn my head 90
degrees.) Moving the taskbar back does not solve the problem. When I do
that the functions on the task bare remain in the vertical mode and icons
remain vertical.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Preferred Customer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am not sure how this happened, but yesterday when I was responding to a
>spybot warning and denying a change to my registry I clicked on the mouse to
>deny the change and my entire desktop moved to the right and went vertical.
>( by vertical I mean, everything is sideways. in order to see a normal
>desktop I have to eithr stand the monitor on its side or turn my head 90
>degrees.) Moving the taskbar back does not solve the problem. When I do
>that the functions on the task bare remain in the vertical mode and icons
>remain vertical.
>
>Does anyone have a fix for this?

Start | Run <type in>
Desk.cpl
<enter>

Settings - Advanced -> it's in there somewhere it's a function of your
video card.

There should be an option to turn the display by a hotkey, disable
this option.
--

May contain...
http://www.mofaha.com/b3ta/tracesofpeanuts.jpg