Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > email

email

Teresa kotara

I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past hour all
the options. Can you help

Dan C

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:27:48 +0000, Teresa kotara wrote:

> I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past hour all
> the options. Can you help

Keep trying for another hour, and if it still doesn't work, just format
your hard disk.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:27:48 GMT, "Teresa kotara"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past hour all
>the options. Can you help

Please be a bit more vague.

Oh - NTL World. Clued enough to post here, not clued enough to come
back and find replies.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

zynteq7 wrote:

> Teresa kotara wrote:
>> I cannot log in to my hotmail account, Ive been trying for the past
>> hour all the options. Can you help
>>

> Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
>
> *adds new ntlworld filter*

Why? You opposed to comedy?

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Vista

Mara

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:41:39 -0400, zynteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> zynteq7 wrote:

>>> Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
>>>
>>> *adds new ntlworld filter*

>> Why? You opposed to comedy?
>>

>you know... you're quite right. I'd be denying myself a(nother) good laugh.
>
>Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to many people here
>are giving all the "google groupers" a bad rap. Some are asking decent
>questions and JUST because they are connecting through google, some will
>flip out and go on a tirade.

Or maybe we (tinw) just prefer to read stuff that's understandable. Or prefer
not to see reposted spam.

If you want to look at Groper posts, by all means, do so. But don't judge the
rest of us because we prefer not to. I've seen enough incomprehensible bullshit
coming from google groups that it simply isn't logical for me *not* to block
them.

That's why every copy of every news reader has filters.

--
"The most precious possession that ever comes to a man
in this world is a woman's heart." -- Josiah G.

thanatoid

zynteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4806aac0$0$7690$(E-Mail Removed):

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> zynteq7 wrote:

>>> Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
>>>
>>> *adds new ntlworld filter*

>> Why? You opposed to comedy?
>>

> you know... you're quite right. I'd be denying myself
> a(nother) good laugh.
>
> Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to
> many people here are giving all the "google groupers" a bad
> rap. Some are asking decent questions and JUST because they
> are connecting through google, some will flip out and go on
> a tirade.

I have often thought about the billion posts of all kinds an
average Usenet user will never see. (You guys remember Rick
something who read EVERY single Usenet post for a few years
{that WAS in the 80's} and then ended up removing computers (or
maybe just the net) from his life /entirely/...)

And what about the saying "what you don't know won't hurt you".
Or, in this case, "what you don't read, won't /insert verb of
choice/ you".

In the few years (I have NO track of time... has it been 2 or 5
years?) we have been subjected to the second September that
never ended, I'm sure we have ALL read at least /one/
intelligent and/or informative and/or funny post coming from
that devil's dunghill which is GG.

Would we have missed it/them if we had NOT read it/them?
Methinks not.

I /finally/ (even though I have nothing to do I tend to
procrastinate rather heavily) put in a GG filter (and
discussions.microsoft.com while I was at it) filter a few weeks
ago. Some genius MAY have posted the secret of contacting alien
intelligent beings using your hydraulic car jack on GG since
then, but I doubt it. What I haven't seen does not exist. My
life sucks enough as it is.

And as I actually posted - since I was SO amazed at the
effectiveness of the filter - ALL SPAM in this group disappeared
/instantly/ - and as you all know it's been getting really
ridiculous over the last couple of months.

If I had any will power, I would get off the net entirely and do
something useful instead of arguing about stupid things with
people who may be bots. (And no, I have NOT forgotten my NY's
resolutions. It's only April!)

Just my two sense (sic).

--
The lonely child plays with eternity, while a gang of children
plays with time.

Karel Capek

Mara

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:01:47 -0400, zynteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mara wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:41:39 -0400, zynteq7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>

>>> Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to many people here
>>> are giving all the "google groupers" a bad rap. Some are asking decent
>>> questions and JUST because they are connecting through google, some will
>>> flip out and go on a tirade.

>> Or maybe we (tinw) just prefer to read stuff that's understandable. Or prefer
>> not to see reposted spam.
>>
>> If you want to look at Groper posts, by all means, do so. But don't judge the
>> rest of us because we prefer not to. <snip>

>No judgments... and I said "some" ... ok now I'M being anal retentive

Picky, picky.

--
"The most precious possession that ever comes to a man
in this world is a woman's heart." -- Josiah G.

Blinky the Shark

zynteq7 wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> zynteq7 wrote:

>>> Jesus, when it rains it POURS....
>>>
>>> *adds new ntlworld filter*

>> Why? You opposed to comedy?
>>

> you know... you're quite right. I'd be denying myself a(nother) good
> laugh.
>
> Related to that I'd also say, *frankly* I think that to many people here
> are giving all the "google groupers" a bad rap.

Lie with dogs; arise with fleas.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups