Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET configuration manager - Acces Data Provider

ASP.NET configuration manager - Acces Data Provider

John Devlon

Hi,

I would like to use the ASP.NET configuration manager to configure users and
roles. But when clicking on the securitt tab, the screen go's blanc.

I'm using an Acces data provider, which can be download from the microsoft
website. I've compiled the visual C# solution and placed it in my bin folder
of my current project. After making a refence to the dll-files, I copied the
example web.config file to my current project.

Does anyone know how i can solve this problem?

Thanx

John

Info on...

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/nl-be/asp...58(en-us).aspx

John Devlon

funny thing, the problem fixed itself.... didn't change a thing.... just
rebuild a few times

John

"John Devlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:iXoNj.159043$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use the ASP.NET configuration manager to configure users
> and roles. But when clicking on the securitt tab, the screen go's blanc.
>
> I'm using an Acces data provider, which can be download from the microsoft
> website. I've compiled the visual C# solution and placed it in my bin
> folder of my current project. After making a refence to the dll-files, I
> copied the example web.config file to my current project.
>
> Does anyone know how i can solve this problem?
>
> Thanx
>
> John
>
> Info on...

> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/nl-be/asp...58(en-us).aspx

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

In general, prep the database and add the connection strings and provider
bits manually. This is how I solve it when I have issues. If you want to
make it easy, connect to SQL Express and then flip over to Access after you
have all of the config bits written by the tools.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog

or just read it:
http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

"John Devlon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iXoNj.159043$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use the ASP.NET configuration manager to configure users
> and roles. But when clicking on the securitt tab, the screen go's blanc.
>
> I'm using an Acces data provider, which can be download from the microsoft
> website. I've compiled the visual C# solution and placed it in my bin
> folder of my current project. After making a refence to the dll-files, I
> copied the example web.config file to my current project.
>
> Does anyone know how i can solve this problem?
>
> Thanx
>
> John
>
> Info on...

> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/nl-be/asp...58(en-us).aspx

John Devlon

Thanx for the great advice...

John

"Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer)" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
bericht news:(E-Mail Removed)...