Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > iframe

iframe

Uwe Kornnagel

Hi,

I have a small problem. How can I resize the height of an iframe on its
contens?
I cant use my script direktly because the club uses a pagetool. this
generator blocks all kinds of scripts.

<IFRAME src="http://myotherserve.de/myscript.php?timetable" height="depens
on contens"> </iframe>

Many thanks for your help
Uwe

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Uwe Kornnagel:

> I have a small problem.

I'm afraid you're creating a big problem.

> How can I resize the height of an iframe on
> its contens?

You can't, except with some computer program that reads the contents and
evaluates it somehow and the sets the height in HTML markup or in CSS
code.

> I cant use my script direktly because the club uses a pagetool. this
> generator blocks all kinds of scripts.

I wonder what that means.

> <IFRAME src="http://myotherserve.de/myscript.php?timetable"
> height="depens on contens"> </iframe>

Just set some reasonable height and do _not_ try to prevent scrolling
(set overflow: auto). And don't forget to add fallback content (for
advanced browsers that let the user disable <iframe> functionality and
display element content instead).

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/