Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Check login status

Check login status

ascll

Greetings,

How to I know existing user already login to my website (using ASP.net 2.0,
MS Web Developer's login wizard)?

If the user already login, I would like to set the path for Hyperlink A to
"login/hyperlinkA", else the path will be "hyperlinkA".

Kindly advise, and show me the steps in detail.

Thanks.

Mick Wilson

On Apr 16, 4:45 am, "ascll" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> How to I know existing user already login to my website (using ASP.net 2.0,
> MS Web Developer's login wizard)?

You can check whether or not the request is authenticated using
httprequest.isauthenticated

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...enticated.aspx

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Programatically:
Check if authenticated

Drag and drop:
Set up a login view and set the link in the logged in template to one link
and the non-logged in template to another.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Subscribe to my blog