Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Locking Application object

Locking Application object

Ron Vecchi

if I lock the Application object and modify it will an exception be thrown
when another request tries to access it while it is locked.

I am looking for a good way to store a dataset into memory that can be used
on an application level for all users to access. Every predetermined amount
of time I will lock it and update the information in it. I want to make
sure that the request that is tring to access the locked Application object
(or where ever I end up storing the dataset ) will wait untill the lock is
released and then access it. rather than throwing an exception.

Thanks,

Ron Vecchi