Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with file/printer sharing

Help with file/printer sharing

Kurt

Hello,
I am having problems setting up my netword for sharing my printer and files.

My desktop is running Vista, and my wireless laptop is running XP.
I have a wireless G Belkin rounter and Belkin wireless G card for my laptop.

I do have an internet connection through the wireless connection, but
neither the desktop nor laptop will recongize each other.

I changed the laptop workgroup name from the default mshome to WORKGROUP,
so they are named the same on both computers.

File sharing and printer sharing is 'on', so I don't know what is going on.
About a month ago, everything was sharing fine, but it suddenly quit working.
I recently had to restore my laptop, so I figured I would be able to get
the file sharing up an running again, but it has not been going well.

I appreciate any help with helping me share!!

Thank you,
Kurt

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi