Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > disregarding xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation?

disregarding xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation?

Jean-François Michaud

Hello guys,

I was wondering if it was possible to disregard the
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation. For validation it's obviously easier to
have it point to say a local directory but the final
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation has to point to a specific location that
is not local. I was wondering if it was possible to make sure that the
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation points to the non local location, force
the parser to disregard the xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation and force it
to validate against a specific XSD in a location of our choice to
avoid having to tinker with the SchemaLocation XML attribute just for
the validation.

I'm using Saxon8

Any thoughts?

Regards
Jean-Francois Michaud

Martin Honnen

Jean-François Michaud wrote:

> I was wondering if it was possible to disregard the
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation. For validation it's obviously easier to
> have it point to say a local directory but the final
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation has to point to a specific location that
> is not local. I was wondering if it was possible to make sure that the
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation points to the non local location, force
> the parser to disregard the xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation and force it
> to validate against a specific XSD in a location of our choice to
> avoid having to tinker with the SchemaLocation XML attribute just for
> the validation.
>
> I'm using Saxon8

You might want to ask on the Saxon mailing list.
For the current release Saxon 9 the documentation is online here
<URL:http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/schema-processing/commandline.html>
and suggests that you can set the -xsd:file;file option the specify
schema documents to be used for validation.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Jean-François Michaud

On Apr 14, 10:30 am, Martin Honnen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Jean-François Michaud wrote:
> > I was wondering if it was possible to disregard the
> > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation. For validation it's obviously easier to
> > have it point to say a local directory but the final
> > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation has to point to a specific location that
> > is not local. I was wondering if it was possible to make sure that the
> > xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation points to the non local location, force
> > the parser to disregard the xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation and force it
> > to validate against a specific XSD in a location of our choice to
> > avoid having to tinker with the SchemaLocation XML attribute just for
> > the validation.

> > I'm using Saxon8

> You might want to ask on the Saxon mailing list.
> For the current release Saxon 9 the documentation is online here
> <URL:http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/schema-processing/commandline.html>
> and suggests that you can set the -xsd:file;file option the specify
> schema documents to be used for validation.

Super! Thanks for the input .

Regards
Jean-Francois Michaud