Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Execute SSIS package from a Button

Execute SSIS package from a Button

pvong

I'm new to SSIS. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to
execute an SSIS package from a button OnClick?

With DTS in SQL2000, I just created a job that ran the DTS package and then
ran the job from a Stored Procedure.

Thanks!
Phil

bruce barker

do the same with SSIS

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"pvong" wrote:

> I'm new to SSIS. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to
> execute an SSIS package from a button OnClick?
>
> With DTS in SQL2000, I just created a job that ran the DTS package and then
> ran the job from a Stored Procedure.
>
> Thanks!
> Phil

Misbah Arefin

you can run the package from file, via a sql job on remote machine, or
directly from the remote sqlserver - good examples at

the Package.Execute() returns a DTSExecResult enum... in case of any error
the Execute method will return DTSExecResult.Failure

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(printer).aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(printer).aspx

--
Misbah Arefin