Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > no wireless connection tab

no wireless connection tab

Rafael

I am trying to install wireless at home but can not find the wireless
connection tab in network connections. I have a wireless driver installed
and I have wireless zero active. Can someone please help
--
ramralph31

Barb Bowman

what wireless card and what software? some software disabled windows
native WZC

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:32:01 -0700, Rafael
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am trying to install wireless at home but can not find the wireless
>connection tab in network connections. I have a wireless driver installed
>and I have wireless zero active. Can someone please help

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP

Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)

Make sure WZC is running.

--
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
http://www.ChicagoTech.net
"Rafael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to install wireless at home but can not find the wireless
> connection tab in network connections. I have a wireless driver installed
> and I have wireless zero active. Can someone please help
> --
> ramralph31

Rafael

I have a BELKIN wireless adapter installed. I did initially install the
software that came with is but had some trouble wit hit so I uninstalled the
software. I have also checked my MSCONFIG and disabled the Belkin startup.
--
ramralph31

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> what wireless card and what software? some software disabled windows
> native WZC
>
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:32:01 -0700, Rafael
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to install wireless at home but can not find the wireless
> >connection tab in network connections. I have a wireless driver installed
> >and I have wireless zero active. Can someone please help

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS-MVP

Rafael

My WZC does show as started in SERVICES.MSC
--
ramralph31

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Make sure WZC is running.
>
> --
> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
> "Rafael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am trying to install wireless at home but can not find the wireless
> > connection tab in network connections. I have a wireless driver installed
> > and I have wireless zero active. Can someone please help
> > --
> > ramralph31

smlunatick

On Apr 14, 10:34*am, Rafael <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a BELKIN wireless adapter installed. *I did initially install the
> software that came with is but had some trouble wit hit so I uninstalled the
> software. *I have also checked my MSCONFIG and disabled the Belkin startup.
> --
> ramralph31
>

> "Barb Bowman" wrote:
> > what wireless card and what software? some software disabled windows
> > native WZC

> > On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:32:01 -0700, Rafael
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > >I am trying to install wireless at home but can not find the wireless
> > >connection tab in network connections. *I have a wireless driver installed
> > >and I have wireless zero active. *Can someone please help

> > --

> > Barb Bowman
> > MS-MVP
> >http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> >http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/- Hide quoted text -

Please note that most wireless adapter drivers are a complete part of
the bindled management software. If you uninstall the driver, you
will probably unstalled the manufacturer's complete driver. You need
to re-install the driver and then disable this management software
from auto-starting. There might be a service that needs to be turned
to "manual" start-up (Altheros is for mine.)