Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Want to share a folder in My Documents

Want to share a folder in My Documents

=?Utf-8?B?am9obndtcmVlZA==?=

I have a wireless network set up between my Windows XP computer (SP2) and my
Windows 98SE computer. I can access most folders by either computer, but my
98SE cannot see any subfolders in My Documents folder on my XP computer
because of the privacy restriction that I can't change ("greyed-out"). I
want to make it possible to let my 98SE see "certain" folders in my XP My
Documents folder. I booted to Safe Mode with Networking (to disable
Simple File Sharing) and modified the "certain" folders to allow access. But
when I rebooted my XP computer to Normal mode nothing had changed for those
folders. Note my XP drives are FAT32.

Is it possible to do what I am attempting? If yes, how?