Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Why does it take so long for 2 PC to locate network?

Why does it take so long for 2 PC to locate network?

Schmitty

Hi,

We have a wireless home network with 2 computers. Both are running windows
xp pro. The main one is using a Qwest M1000 modem as the access point. The
second is using a Linksys wireless -G adapter.

Whenever the the second one with the Linksys adapter is booted up it shows
as being connected right off the bat but several seconds later it shows
"wireless connection 4 unavailable". Then after waiting and doing nothing,
about 5-7 minutes later it locates the network and says "Wireless connection
4 now connected".

Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to fix it or is this somewhat
normal?

Thanks for listening!