Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB Keyboard and mouse

USB Keyboard and mouse

Richard

I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so why
not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two extra USB
ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2 anyway?

olfart

news:a36Mj.11077$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so
>why not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two
>extra USB ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2
>anyway?

if you have an extra PCI slot get a USB card. Works better than a hub and
less clutter

-= KROGG =- -= KROGG =- is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfart
news:a36Mj.11077$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so
>why not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two
>extra USB ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2
>anyway?

if you have an extra PCI slot get a USB card. Works better than a hub and
less clutter
Olfart is on the money. PCI USB cards clean up a messy desk in a hurry. I now only keep a little four port hub for the lesser used stuff like my iPod and camera. The other stuff I use all the time (printers, scanner, external HD, etc) is plugged into the card and out of the way.

Hp

in my book there is NO REASON to use a USB mooze or keyboard.
Their speeds are so slow that using USB is OVERKILL.
There in NO Human that can type fast enough to use even USB1
speeds

Richard wrote:

> I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so why
> not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two extra USB
> ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2 anyway?

DevilsPGD

In message <(E-Mail Removed)> Hp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>in my book there is NO REASON to use a USB mooze or keyboard.

Two reasons:

Having keyboard/mouse on a hotswappable interface is worth it.

Being able to connect multiple devices (mainly a mouse and trackball) is
essential to me.

Barry OGrady

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 10:11:35 -0700, "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have so many things I put on USB, I need two hubs for each computer so why
>not put a PS2 connecter on my mouse and keyboard so I can have two extra USB
>ports. What is the value of USB mouse and keyboard ove the PS2 anyway?

Why don't you do it?

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Barry OGrady

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 00:56:55 -0500, Hp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>in my book there is NO REASON to use a USB mooze or keyboard.
>Their speeds are so slow that using USB is OVERKILL.
>There in NO Human that can type fast enough to use even USB1
>speeds

In my book there is NO REASON to top post.