Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > DOCTYPE Help

DOCTYPE Help

Mtek

Hi,

I have a webpage I am creating for a client. It is working just fine,
except that is has a balloon popup which uses a CSS, and must have the
DOCTYPE at the top of the page to work correctly.

The issue is, when I put in the DOCTYPE, the alignment of the UL list
becomes centered, and I cannot find anything CSS or otherwise to
override the centering........when I remove the DOCTYPE, the UL list
looks fine, but the balloon does not pop up.

It looks fine in Firefox, but not in IE. I am using IE7, and was
hoping someone can give me some help.

I can post any of the code you may need. Anything that can help
would be appreciated......

Thanks!

John

CSS Newbie - CSS Works With Invalid DOCTYPE. Fails With Valid DOCTYPE. Larry Lindstrom HTML 19 06-12-2012 02:07 PM
Help with alignment & DOCTYPE Mtek HTML 1 04-12-2008 08:32 AM
need help to add a comment before <!DOCTYPE ... in xsl jluo XML 5 12-23-2007 06:35 AM
Help with DOCTYPE Saggy HTML 5 08-31-2005 10:34 PM
vs.net creates doctype wrong? Ian ASP .Net 2 06-21-2004 12:32 PM

Advertisments