Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Removing Visual Web developer 2005 generated style information

Removing Visual Web developer 2005 generated style information

JT

Hello,

I created a couple of .aspx pages and I forgot to define .css style sheet
file.

Web developer generated a css code of its own everywhere the .apx page and
it's very hard to remove that code.

If I define .css file at the beginning of aspx-file, Visual Web developer
does or cannot clean the code.

How to solve this problem?

Any ideas welcome!

-JT

JT

Sorry,

I meant that Visual Web developer generated the code, there are a lot of
code.

JT

"Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> kirjoitti
viestissä:%(E-Mail Removed). ..
> "JT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I created a couple of .aspx pages and I forgot to define .css style
>> sheet file.

> OK.
>
>> Web developer generated a css code of its own everywhere the .apx page
>> and it's very hard to remove that code.

> Why is it very hard? Ask the web developer who added the styles to your
> markup to remove them and place them in a separate .css file... You only
> have a couple of pages, so this can surely take no longer than a couple of
> minutes...
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Juan T. Llibre

I think the best way is to redo your files from scratch,
making sure you define a css stylesheet for them.

Alternately, you can search for "style" in all the files, and delete the css entries,
adding the stylesheet definition at the same time.

A global search for "style" will find all instances of it.
There is no automatic way to erase inline style entries.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/