Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Caller ID Works to Landlines Only - Voipcheap.com

Caller ID Works to Landlines Only - Voipcheap.com

Mike Sun

I had Caller ID presentation working just fine when dialling to both
land-line and mobile number but recently I find that my Caller ID only
presents itself when calling a land-line. Calling a mobile number presents
itself as a "private number". I am using voipcheap.com with registered
Caller IDs.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues and/or found a fix? Thanks -
Cheers from Mike

acierinox

On Apr 9, 8:57 pm, "Mike Sun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I had Caller ID presentation working just fine when dialling to both
> land-line and mobile number but recently I find that my Caller ID only
> presents itself when calling a land-line. Calling a mobile number presents
> itself as a "private number". I am using voipcheap.com with registered
> Caller IDs.
>
> Has anyone else experienced similar issues and/or found a fix? Thanks -
> Cheers from Mike

I used voipcheap.com in conjunction with Voxalot and my Caller ID
presents itself when calling both landlines and mobiles. I'm not sure
where the problem could be if you're only getting caller ID with
landlines. In Voxalot i've set the 'From User' to +44207 etc. and in
the voipcheap software I've set the called ID to the same +44207 etc

Nick

Mike Sun wrote:
> I had Caller ID presentation working just fine when dialling to both
> land-line and mobile number but recently I find that my Caller ID only
> presents itself when calling a land-line. Calling a mobile number presents
> itself as a "private number". I am using voipcheap.com with registered
> Caller IDs.
>
> Has anyone else experienced similar issues and/or found a fix? Thanks -
> Cheers from Mike

Works ok to my mobile.

Mike Sun

Thanks for your quick and helpful replies. I have Caller ID working again
when calling mobile numbers with no changes on my part.

It seems to be some intermittent problem which is present for a few days
which then apparently clears by itself.

Cheers from Mike

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Jose wrote
on Fri, 11 Apr 2008 00:39:05 GMT in message
<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:28:36 GMT, "Mike Sun" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Thanks for your quick and helpful replies. I have Caller ID working again
>>when calling mobile numbers with no changes on my part.
>>
>>It seems to be some intermittent problem which is present for a few days
>>which then apparently clears by itself.

>I suppose it could be a matter of which *carrier*, of all Betamax
>uses, is delivering your call to which mobile *network*, which could
>change, specially the carrier part, randomly on a call by call basis.
>
>I have experienced the absence and presence of caller ID, using both
>Betamax, and other provider, with no apparent explanation. One of
>these providers specifically told me they couldn't always assure
>outgoing caller ID, because some of the carriers they used did not
>suport that...
>
>Regards,
>Jose

Could be they use a mobile network with GSM gateways or such like on some
calls, so need to hide the number as it would be the number attached to the
mobile SIM. I know some people have heard messages about insufficient
credit played out by the mobile network.

--
Get Setanta For A Fiver
http://setantasports.at/seb?CTY=1&CID=7755