Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > A small question about the Siemens C475IP

A small question about the Siemens C475IP

tinnews@isbd.co.uk

The C475IP (from the previous thread) seems to have so much going for
it that I think I'll be buying some.

One question that occurs to me, which might make it even *better*.

If I set the answerphone so that it works for only some of the numbers
then, presumably, I don't have the problem of answerphone activation
whether I like it or not on the other numbers. Is that correct? If
so it gives me a way to *really* turn the answerphone facility off,
not just "off unless you keep waiting for a minute" of most existing
answerphones.

--
Chris Green

Paul Hayes

> The C475IP (from the previous thread) seems to have so much going for
> it that I think I'll be buying some.
>
> One question that occurs to me, which might make it even *better*.
>
> If I set the answerphone so that it works for only some of the numbers
> then, presumably, I don't have the problem of answerphone activation
> whether I like it or not on the other numbers. Is that correct?

Yes, if you turn off the answer machine for a VoIP account then no calls
on that account will use the answer machine. The phones will just ring
and ring and ring until either the person gives up or your VoIP service
provider voicemail kicks in (if they provide it).

cheers,
Paul.

tinnews@isbd.co.uk

Paul Hayes <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > The C475IP (from the previous thread) seems to have so much going for
> > it that I think I'll be buying some.
> >
> > One question that occurs to me, which might make it even *better*.
> >
> > If I set the answerphone so that it works for only some of the numbers
> > then, presumably, I don't have the problem of answerphone activation
> > whether I like it or not on the other numbers. Is that correct?

> Yes, if you turn off the answer machine for a VoIP account then no calls
> on that account will use the answer machine. The phones will just ring
> and ring and ring until either the person gives up or your VoIP service
> provider voicemail kicks in (if they provide it).

Excellent, thank you!

--
Chris Green