Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless desktop PCI card wont connect to wireless network

Wireless desktop PCI card wont connect to wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?SHVnaCBNb3J0ZW5zZW4=?=

hello
ive recently installed a belkin 54g wireless PCI network card into my
desktop computer and i followed the installation instruction from the
manual.It does not seem to be able to find the wireless network though when i
click repair it temporarly connects and then drops outs and then it finds the
connection but has trouble connecting and when it does it drops out almost
instantly. im using the netgear FM114p wireless router and ive checked its
settings and the firmare is fully up to date. also ive been to the belkin
website and updated my drivers but nothing seems to work. im certain its
something wrong with the pci card as the other 3 computers on wireless seem
to work fine and ive tried a wireless usb adapter from another desktop and i
get a connection.
any ideas? this is quite frustrating.....
cheers, Hugh

Malke

Hugh Mortensen wrote:

> hello
> ive recently installed a belkin 54g wireless PCI network card into my
> desktop computer and i followed the installation instruction from the
> manual.It does not seem to be able to find the wireless network though
> when i click repair it temporarly connects and then drops outs and
> then it finds the connection but has trouble connecting and when it
> does it drops out almost instantly. im using the netgear FM114p
> wireless router and ive checked its settings and the firmare is fully
> up to date. also ive been to the belkin website and updated my drivers
> but nothing seems to work. im certain its something wrong with the pci
> card as the other 3 computers on wireless seem to work fine and ive
> tried a wireless usb adapter from another desktop and i get a
> connection. any ideas? this is quite frustrating.....
> cheers, Hugh

Don't use the Belkin wireless connectivity manager. Open it and look in
its Options to disable it. Then use the Windows Wireless Manager to
connect. Make sure your encryption keys match those on the router.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
www.elephantboycomputers.com