Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP System Tray tool tips hide behind the taskbar (mostly) when you over your mouse over them...

Windows XP System Tray tool tips hide behind the taskbar (mostly) when you over your mouse over them...

Spin

Gurus,

Running Windows XP Professional with an NVIDIA video card. I am finally
annoyed enough to post a question concerning something odd. When I hover my
mouse over system tray icons, I can only see the edge of the top of the tool
tip. Most of it (90%) hides behind the taskbar. I have seen this behavior
on many computers laptops and desktops alike, both new and old, but never
have posted a question about it until now. I assuming the answer will be
update the video drivers...but aside from that, anything else I could try?

--
Spin

MoiMoi

says...
> Gurus,
>
> Running Windows XP Professional with an NVIDIA video card. I am finally
> annoyed enough to post a question concerning something odd. When I hover my
> mouse over system tray icons, I can only see the edge of the top of the tool
> tip. Most of it (90%) hides behind the taskbar. I have seen this behavior
> on many computers laptops and desktops alike, both new and old, but never
> have posted a question about it until now. I assuming the answer will be
> update the video drivers...but aside from that, anything else I could try?

Believe me, XP just DOES it.

Quickest fix without reboot is open taskbar properties, UNcheck
everything that's checked, click apply, then REcheck every option you
had. Click okay.
Sometimes you even have to close Taskbar properties after unchecking,
then reopen and recheck.
But that works.
Happens to several XP (Home at least) systems I've ever worked with. I
don't think it's NVIDIA related per se.

MM