Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ridiculous Vista error screen

Ridiculous Vista error screen

G. Morgan

I use Vista at work. Last night I walked away from the computer and
everything was fine. This morning I was greeted with this stupid screen:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/40a0dd4783030

Huh? I didn't report a problem.

--

I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

Alexander Rogge

> http://www.imagebam.com/image/40a0dd4783030
>
> Huh? I didn't report a problem.

Did you "Rate this response"? Microsoft is apparently identifying its
own software as defective. Maybe the error message isn't erroneous.

G. Morgan

Alexander Rogge wrote:

>> http://www.imagebam.com/image/40a0dd4783030
>>
>> Huh? I didn't report a problem.

>Did you "Rate this response"?

Nah.

>Microsoft is apparently identifying its
>own software as defective. Maybe the error message isn't erroneous.

That's what I thought - pretty funny stuff.

--

I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

chuckcar

G. Morgan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:d0fc700ab31375c40772f57b3c60a28anp@goofysplac e.com:

> I use Vista at work. Last night I walked away from the computer and
> everything was fine. This morning I was greeted with this stupid
> screen:
>
> http://www.imagebam.com/image/40a0dd4783030
>
> Huh? I didn't report a problem.

Nor apparently do you a) shut down the computer when you're finished
using it or b) do microsofts updates. Both of which are bad.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

G. Morgan

chuckcar wrote:

>> Huh? I didn't report a problem.
>>

>Nor apparently do you a) shut down the computer when you're finished
>using it or b) do microsofts updates. Both of which are bad.

I rarely shut down the computer when I'm done for the day, what's so bad about
that?

And the updates...yeah. I guess I'm beta testing Vista for free.

--

news:89e899b5829c49256c66cc6a563ff942np@goofysplac e.com:

> chuckcar wrote:
>
>>> Huh? I didn't report a problem.
>>>

>>Nor apparently do you a) shut down the computer when you're finished
>>using it or b) do microsofts updates. Both of which are bad.

> I rarely shut down the computer when I'm done for the day, what's so
> bad about that?

Memory leaks. Every consumer microsoft OS since windows 3.0 has them.
Eventually the computer will lock up or slow to a crawl. If the former,
then you may have to do a hard shut down (i.e. disconnect/shut off the
power). This leads to windows and whatever's running along with drivers
then being used becomming corrupted making things worse.

> And the updates...yeah. I guess I'm beta testing Vista for free.

yet, switch to the "NT/2000" family.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

chuckcar wrote:

> G. Morgan wrote:
>> chuckcar wrote:
>>> Nor apparently do you a) shut down the computer when you're finished
>>> using it or b) do microsofts updates. Both of which are bad.

>> I rarely shut down the computer when I'm done for the day, what's so
>> bad about that?

I moved in December. That's the last time this computer has been turned
off. I use it at all times of the day, and night, so why should I be
giving it power surges all the time?

> Memory leaks. Every consumer microsoft OS since windows 3.0 has them.

Oh ... Windows! You still usin' that?

> Eventually the computer will lock up or slow to a crawl. If the
> former, then you may have to do a hard shut down (i.e.
> disconnect/shut off the power). This leads to windows and whatever's
> running along with drivers then being used becomming corrupted making
> things worse.

Now waiddaminnit. I've also an old PIII with Win2K sitting here, and it
has run for months at a time without a shutdown. Works perfectly.

>> And the updates...yeah. I guess I'm beta testing Vista for free.

> better yet, switch to the "NT/2000" family.

The NT Family:
NT4 Windows NT 4.0
2000 Windows NT 5.0
XP Windows NT 5.1
Vister Windows NT 6.0

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Vista

DevilsPGD

In message <(E-Mail Removed) m> G.
Morgan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use Vista at work. Last night I walked away from the computer and
>everything was fine. This morning I was greeted with this stupid screen:
>
>http://www.imagebam.com/image/40a0dd4783030
>
>Huh? I didn't report a problem.

Some component of Windows crashed, it happens. Windows offers to report
the problem to Microsoft so they can do something about it.

You say no. Your choice, but as far as I'm concerned, you also opt-out
of complaining in the future.