Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Q: Login Control is behaving strange when site on prod server.

Q: Login Control is behaving strange when site on prod server.

Martin Arvidsson, Visual Systems AB

Hi!

I published my web application today on a 2003 server with IIS 6 and Net
Frmwk 2

I have a root containing

Default.aspx
Login.aspx

Then a folder called /Pages/Order
under that folder i have severald aspx pages.

In the /Pages i have a web.config telling that no anonymous users is allowed
and there for
the login.aspx is displayed if not logged in.

The user tries to access the mysite.com/Pages/Order/NewOrder.aspx and will
be redirected to Login.aspx

After the user submits the userid and password, it wont redirect to the page
he/she was trying to access.
The server tells me that the page doesn't exist.

I have checked, rights, on the IIS server, filesystem etc. But i cant
understand why it doesn't work
If i run it localy it works like a charm.

Is there a setting on the IIS that needs to be enabled?

Regards
Martin

Martin Arvidsson, Visual Systems AB

Additional information!

I see to my horror that pages that are accessible for anonymous users could
not be
found either?

I have a folder called /All

and when clicking a link on my default.aspx page it wont get there either?!?

The href of the a tag is pointing like this "/All/Guestpage.aspx"

What could be wrong?

"Martin Arvidsson, Visual Systems AB" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i
meddelandet news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> I published my web application today on a 2003 server with IIS 6 and Net
> Frmwk 2
>
> I have a root containing
>
> Default.aspx
> Login.aspx
>
> Then a folder called /Pages/Order
> under that folder i have severald aspx pages.
>
> In the /Pages i have a web.config telling that no anonymous users is
> allowed and there for
> the login.aspx is displayed if not logged in.
>
> The user tries to access the mysite.com/Pages/Order/NewOrder.aspx and will
> be redirected to Login.aspx
>
> After the user submits the userid and password, it wont redirect to the
> page he/she was trying to access.
> The server tells me that the page doesn't exist.
>
> I have checked, rights, on the IIS server, filesystem etc. But i cant
> understand why it doesn't work
> If i run it localy it works like a charm.
>
> Is there a setting on the IIS that needs to be enabled?
>
> Regards
> Martin

Juan T. Llibre

You need to create a <location> tag in a web.config
which points to /All and specifically allows anonymous access.

<configuration>
<location path="/All/Guestpage.aspx">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>
</configuration>

You can place the location tag either in the root directory or in the /All directory.

See :
http://www.dotnetcoders.com/web/Arti...px?article=186

....for more detail.

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP