Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > what is "metu"?

what is "metu"?

Evan Platt

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 19:48:58 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Seriously.

A town in Ethiopa.
Middle East Technical University in Turkey.

>My tv remote control has a button on it marked as "metu".
>When I press it the set goes into "mute" mode.
>
>Obviously manufactured by highly overpaid American, English speaking
>workers.
>At least the Chinese would get it right.

I'd be interested in seeing a picture of this...

richard

Seriously.

My tv remote control has a button on it marked as "metu".
When I press it the set goes into "mute" mode.

Obviously manufactured by highly overpaid American, English speaking
workers.
At least the Chinese would get it right.

wisdomkiller & pain

Mike Easter wrote:

> richard wrote:
>
>> My tv remote control has a button on it marked as "metu".
>> When I press it the set goes into "mute" mode.

You may find only a small batch of otherwise similar remotes show that typo.
Later in times, your remote may become as valuable as some famous misprint
of a stamp. If there were remote collectors like philatelists ...

> Yesterday I was driving down a street and I passed a 2 story commercial
> building with informational 3 dimensional letters 2 feet high built into
> the facing of the building, which information referred to various types
> of automobile service available there including domestic and foreign.
>
> The letters spelled 'foreing'

In that case, the typo is made by intention and will enhance the level of
attention and memorization of that building and services.

monkey_cartman1@yahoo.com

Mike Easter wrote:
> richard wrote:
>
> > My tv remote control has a button on it marked as "metu".
> > When I press it the set goes into "mute" mode.

> Yesterday I was driving down a street and I passed a 2 story commercial
> building with informational 3 dimensional letters 2 feet high built into
> the facing of the building, which information referred to various types
> of automobile service available there including domestic and foreign.
>
> The letters spelled 'foreing'
>
> Well, 'foreign' is a pretty stupidly shaped word anyway, they might as
> well create their own spelling.
>
> --
> Mike Easter

And meanings

http://www.engrish.com/
http://www.engrish.com/recent_detail...ate=2008-03-31
http://www.engrish.com/recent_detail...ate=2008-03-24

Blinky the Shark

Evan Platt wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 19:48:58 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Seriously.

> A town in Ethiopa.
> Middle East Technical University in Turkey.
>
>>My tv remote control has a button on it marked as "metu". When I press it
>>the set goes into "mute" mode.
>>
>>Obviously manufactured by highly overpaid American, English speaking
>>workers.
>>At least the Chinese would get it right.

> I'd be interested in seeing a picture of this...

It would be meaningless. Think Photoshop.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Evan Platt

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 00:44:49 -0700, Blinky the Shark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It would be meaningless. Think Photoshop.

Think Richard.

Bucky Breeder

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Seriously.
>
> My tv remote control has a button on it marked as "metu".
> When I press it the set goes into "mute" mode.
>
> Obviously manufactured by highly overpaid American,
> English speaking workers.
> At least the Chinese would get it right.

Yeah, *but* would they get it lead-free?

(Only your Oncologist knows for sure.)

--

My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

Top secrets our government does NOT want YOU to know :

#10 - If they "outlaw" Rock & Roll,
then only "outlaws" will dance like white people!

(The proof is all the cars' boom boxes playing hip-hop which
makes their hubcaps perpetually spin in a backwards direction.)

http://www.jonregen.com/audio/WORDS_...inished_Wi.m3u

Evan Platt

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:39:43 -0700, Blinky the Shark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yeah, but you're the one who wanted to see "proof" in the form of an
>easily-exited image.

Easily edited.. Richard... Need I say more?

Evan Platt

On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:18:26 -0700, Blinky the Shark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Easily edited.. Richard... Need I say more?

>Ah! I get you. Okay.

**** man, I was going to have to whoosh you there in a bit

Blinky the Shark