Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why Can't I Update iTunes?

Why Can't I Update iTunes?

Sam

I keep getting a message to update my iTunes software. Each time the
installation gets stuck when it tries to access the package
iTunes.msi. There are 6 different such packages on my computer and
for each of them, I get a message that, "The feature you are trying to
use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Any suggestions? I
am on WinXP. TIA.

Sam

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 20:13:02 -0500, Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:25:28 GMT, Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I keep getting a message to update my iTunes software. Each time the
>>installation gets stuck when it tries to access the package
>>iTunes.msi. There are 6 different such packages on my computer and
>>for each of them, I get a message that, "The feature you are trying to
>>use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Any suggestions? I
>>am on WinXP. TIA.

>What did ITunes say when you emailed them?

Actually I saw on their website a suggestion that you update Windows
installer with the Windows Install Cleanup, msicuu2.exe. That did the
trick.

catchme

Lookout wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:25:28 GMT, Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I keep getting a message to update my iTunes software. Each time the
>> installation gets stuck when it tries to access the package
>> iTunes.msi. There are 6 different such packages on my computer and
>> for each of them, I get a message that, "The feature you are trying to
>> use is on a network resource that is unavailable". Any suggestions? I
>> am on WinXP. TIA.

> What did ITunes say when you emailed them?

itunes is a fairy tale....
fwiw so is yahoo.

--
To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
Resist much, obey little,

-Walt Whitman, 1860