Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Q: Get absolute path to a file.

Q: Get absolute path to a file.

Martin Arvidsson, Visual Systems AB

Hi!

I have a web application and in that web application there are several
crystal report files.

The tree looks something like this

/
Orders
Reports
Invoice
Reports

Now what i am wondering is i want to open a reportfile from orders/reports
or the Invoice/reports
how can i get the fysical path to the "web" path example /orders/reports is
in C:\InetPub\MyWeb\Orders\Reports

The thing is depending on customer installation it may be a different
location
and i want to avoid storing the path in an xml file.

Or is there another smart way to get the filename of the reportfile?

Regards
Martin

George Ter-Saakov

Server.MapPapth....
It converts virtual path to physical..

George.

"Martin Arvidsson, Visual Systems AB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...