Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Access outside address from the inside (howto)

Access outside address from the inside (howto)

Erik Martino

At work I access the internet through a Cisco ASA 5510.

We also have a webserver at the same subnet as myself, that is visible
from the outside (the internet). However it is not visible from the
inside. I have to use some internal 192.168.1.* address to access it
from the inside. But all our DNS addresses points to our external IP
visible only from the outside.

Is is possible to configure an Cisco ASA 5510 to access the outside
address from the inside? Our network department has not been able to
make it work.

Thanks in advance

/erik martino

Doan

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008, Erik Martino wrote:

> At work I access the internet through a Cisco ASA 5510.
>
> We also have a webserver at the same subnet as myself, that is visible
> from the outside (the internet). However it is not visible from the
> inside. I have to use some internal 192.168.1.* address to access it
> from the inside. But all our DNS addresses points to our external IP
> visible only from the outside.
>
> Is is possible to configure an Cisco ASA 5510 to access the outside
> address from the inside? Our network department has not been able to
> make it work.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> /erik martino

Yes. Lookup DNS doctoring on cisco.com. Here is one example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...807968d1.shtml

Doan

Martin Bilgrav

put your servers accessable from internet on a DMZ (Which I hope you have
allready done!) and give this DMZ public IP's
Then your problems are gone, but access and DNS.
HTH
Martin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...