Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless reliability

wireless reliability

n6trf

We have 4 pc's connected with a wireless network. One of the pc's is
connected directly to the router. However, we find ourselves repairing or
rebooting because one of the pc's loses connection during the day. We have a
good/excellent signal to all. So anyone have similar problems or have any
suggestions. TIA

--
____________________________________
In Christ's matchless name

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Strong signal does not always mean good connection, Try to change the
Wireless Channel in the Router and keep the setting on the channel that work
best.
http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"n6trf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have 4 pc's connected with a wireless network. One of the pc's is
> connected directly to the router. However, we find ourselves repairing or
> rebooting because one of the pc's loses connection during the day. We have
> a good/excellent signal to all. So anyone have similar problems or have
> any suggestions. TIA
>
> --
> ____________________________________
> In Christ's matchless name
> ted n6trf

n6trf

Would like to know if you have a similar system & if you do/don't have
similar problems. A simple 'yes' if u have these problems or a 'no' if u do
not. TIA

"n6trf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have 4 pc's connected with a wireless network. One of the pc's is
> connected directly to the router. However, we find ourselves repairing or
> rebooting because one of the pc's loses connection during the day. We have
> a good/excellent signal to all. So anyone have similar problems or have
> any suggestions. TIA
>
> --
> ____________________________________
> In Christ's matchless name
> ted n6trf

n6trf

Yes we have tried that. Thanks for the comeback.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> Strong signal does not always mean good connection, Try to change the
> Wireless Channel in the Router and keep the setting on the channel that
> work best.
> http://www.ezlan.net/wbars.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "n6trf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> We have 4 pc's connected with a wireless network. One of the pc's is
>> connected directly to the router. However, we find ourselves repairing or
>> rebooting because one of the pc's loses connection during the day. We
>> have a good/excellent signal to all. So anyone have similar problems or
>> have any suggestions. TIA
>>
>> --
>> ____________________________________
>> In Christ's matchless name
>> ted n6trf

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Since Wireless quality is highly dependent on the environment, no one would
have the exact situation like yours..
If only one computer is Misbehaving there is No point to reboot the Router,
it means that some thing is wrong with the specific computer.
Life would be easy if such behavior was always a result of the same problem.
It can be that environmental noise cause the drop of the connection.
It can be problems with the Wireless card.
It can be a trouble with the Network components of the OS.
It could problem with the Wireless software.
Start first by putting the problematic computer few feet away from the
Wireless Router.
If it does not work well there than it would indicate a problem with the
computer.