Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Running a Perl Script in ASP.NET

Running a Perl Script in ASP.NET

Titof

Hello,

i want to create an active webpage that displays the
status of users quotas on a volume of a server.
I installed IIS on this server and installed Win2k server
Resource Kit because the Perl script "DiskQuotas.pl"
exactly doing what i want.
I created a function (see below) that running the script
in a dos-command mode... BUT nothing happens (
please help me

My asp.net function is :

Private sub page_load(....)
'First time, i tried this
Label2.Text = ExecuteApp("c:\perl\bin\perl.exe_
c:\perl\diskquotas.pl -query -format csv e:_
>c:\report\Quotas.csv")

'Second time..... i put the entire command line in a bat
file
Label2.Text = ExecuteApp("C:\quotas.bat")
end sub

Public Function ExecuteApp(ByVal cmd As String) As String
Dim output As String
Dim errors As String
'create a tempfilecollection for output and error messages
Dim tf As New System.CodeDom.Compiler.TempFileCollection
'execute the command
System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCaptu re(cmd,
tf, output, errors)
'read the file with the output of the command and return
its content
Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader = System.IO.File.OpenText
(output)
ExecuteApp = sr.ReadToEnd
sr.Close()
'Delete the temporary files