Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: [OT - completley] SNOW.

Re: [OT - completley] SNOW.

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Mike Barnard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I woke up this sunday morning to find a virgin white carpet
> everywhere. Not a footprint, not a tyre track. My 5 yo son is going
> mad with joy.

Further up in that teensy weensy islet of yours, around Manchester and
northern Cheshire, it used to snow with gusto every winter (I have heard
it is not so much these days). But I can't recall much snow in April.

Wonderful experience for kids. It is not just the stunning visual
aspect. There is the crispness of the atmosphere, the cold on the skin.
And, most remarkable of all, the deadness of sounds, the muffling of
bells, horns and noise generally.

--
dorayme

mrcakey

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Mike Barnard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I woke up this sunday morning to find a virgin white carpet
>> everywhere. Not a footprint, not a tyre track. My 5 yo son is going
>> mad with joy.

> Further up in that teensy weensy islet of yours, around Manchester and
> northern Cheshire, it used to snow with gusto every winter (I have heard
> it is not so much these days). But I can't recall much snow in April.
>
> Wonderful experience for kids. It is not just the stunning visual
> aspect. There is the crispness of the atmosphere, the cold on the skin.
> And, most remarkable of all, the deadness of sounds, the muffling of
> bells, horns and noise generally.
>
> --
> dorayme

It's such a lovely smell as well.

+mrcakey

dorayme

In article <ftcj6m$t6b$(E-Mail Removed)>, "mrcakey" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> "dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Mike Barnard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> I woke up this sunday morning to find a virgin white carpet
> >> everywhere. Not a footprint, not a tyre track. My 5 yo son is going
> >> mad with joy.

> > Further up in that teensy weensy islet of yours, around Manchester and
> > northern Cheshire, it used to snow with gusto every winter (I have heard
> > it is not so much these days). But I can't recall much snow in April.
> >
> > Wonderful experience for kids. It is not just the stunning visual
> > aspect. There is the crispness of the atmosphere, the cold on the skin.
> > And, most remarkable of all, the deadness of sounds, the muffling of
> > bells, horns and noise generally.
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> It's such a lovely smell as well.

Not sure if you are joking, but I wanted to say this and assumed no one
would believe it. There is a kind of smell, it is an effect of the snow
on all the normal smells. (Analogy: the sounds are not the sounds of
snow - although there is a crunching and squeaking as one walks...).
Perhaps the snow itself smelled too. This I forget.

--
dorayme