Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > every network i connect to says limited or no connectivity

every network i connect to says limited or no connectivity

red_wolf_luvr

I am using wirelss...Every network i connect to says limited or no
connectivity.I try to use internet explorer but it says windows cannot be
displayed...so the limited or no connectivity cant be a false message.i cant
even get onto the internet.Is it my computer thats not working or is it the
networks?My comp has been doing this for a month now.It will not allow me to
get on the internet through any networks.(Im using my friends network i have
permission from them)

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"red_wolf_luvr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using wirelss...Every network i connect to says limited or no
> connectivity.I try to use internet explorer but it says windows cannot be
> displayed...so the limited or no connectivity cant be a false message.i
> cant
> even get onto the internet.Is it my computer thats not working or is it
> the
> networks?My comp has been doing this for a month now.It will not allow me
> get on the internet through any networks.(Im using my friends network i
> have
> permission from them)

W6K

I have the same problem. My message says the network did not assign a network
address. Exlan was of no help. I have all but given up trying to fix it. I
reloaded XP and it still does it. wish i could be of help to you but if
misery loves company here I am.
"Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

> Hi
> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "red_wolf_luvr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am using wirelss...Every network i connect to says limited or no
> > connectivity.I try to use internet explorer but it says windows cannot be
> > displayed...so the limited or no connectivity cant be a false message.i
> > cant
> > even get onto the internet.Is it my computer thats not working or is it
> > the
> > networks?My comp has been doing this for a month now.It will not allow me
> > get on the internet through any networks.(Im using my friends network i
> > have
> > permission from them)

Gordon Robinson

Sorry forgot to say all Machines are XP with 2003 servers.

Gordon

"W6K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the same problem. My message says the network did not assign a
>network
> address. Exlan was of no help. I have all but given up trying to fix it. I
> reloaded XP and it still does it. wish i could be of help to you but if
> misery loves company here I am.
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> "red_wolf_luvr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am using wirelss...Every network i connect to says limited or no
>> > connectivity.I try to use internet explorer but it says windows cannot
>> > be
>> > displayed...so the limited or no connectivity cant be a false message.i
>> > cant
>> > even get onto the internet.Is it my computer thats not working or is it
>> > the
>> > networks?My comp has been doing this for a month now.It will not allow
>> > me
>> > get on the internet through any networks.(Im using my friends network i
>> > have
>> > permission from them)

hyasu

I had the same problem. My problem was a mismatched Key and adhoc mode. You
might try using static IP address and Gateway address. Make sure the SSID is
the same. If you install the Windows XP SP3, it is easy to reconfigure
wireless network setting.

hyasu

"Gordon Robinson (E-Mail Removed)>" <gordon<nospam> wrote in
message news:484d426f$0$26077$(E-Mail Removed)...