Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: If I put text offscreen but first in my html file, will it cause a problem?

Re: If I put text offscreen but first in my html file, will it cause a problem?

rf

Mike Barnard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=66355

--
Richard
Killing all google posts and replies to google posts

Harlan Messinger

rf wrote:
> Mike Barnard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> My idea is to try and get googles crawler to read good, useful text
>> but I don't want it seen in the header, a bit like meta data. [1] So
>> if I give it a position relative, waaaaaaay off screen like -10000
>> will it cause any problems?

> http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=66355

And http://www.google.com/support/webmas...y?answer=66353.

"If your site is perceived to contain hidden text and links that are
deceptive in intent, your site may be removed from the Google index, and
will not appear in search results pages. When evaluating your site to
see if it includes hidden text or links, look for anything that's not
easily viewable by visitors of your site. Are any text or links there
solely for search engines rather than visitors?"