Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Google Map API + MasterPage + Menu :-(

Google Map API + MasterPage + Menu :-(

nrietsch

Hi,

I have a masterpage with a menu on the left (ASP.NET 2.0 menu
control).

I then have my content pages and my homepage does host a Google map.

EVERYTHING works just fine (after some extensive research) however:
- the masterpage loads first
- therefore, the menu loads
- the content page is loaded
- the Google Map DIV loads AFTER the menu

Result: When I expand the Menu (MenuItem1->MenuItem1.1), MenuItem1.1
goes UNDER the map DIV

I did try all possible Javascript focus() fonctions and combinations
but no luck.
I did try the ajaxToolkit:AlwaysVisibleControlExtender control as well
but it also goes below the Map.

I'm lost!

I suppose that the solution is to set the focus to the menu itself
(Menu1) or the div tag (sidebar).
I just don't see how to do it.

I can provide the code if you want but it should not be usefull.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Stan

On 5 Apr, 22:41, nrietsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a masterpage with a menu on the left (ASP.NET 2.0 menu
> control).
>
> I then have my content pages and my homepage does host a Google map.
>
> EVERYTHING works just fine (after some extensive research) however:
> - the masterpage loads first
> - therefore, the menu loads
> - the content page is loaded
> - the Google Map DIV loads AFTER the menu
>
> Result: When I expand the Menu (MenuItem1->MenuItem1.1), MenuItem1.1
> goes UNDER the map DIV
>
> I did try all possible Javascript focus() fonctions and combinations
> but no luck.
> I did try the ajaxToolkit:AlwaysVisibleControlExtender control as well
> but it also goes below the Map.
>
> I'm lost!
>
> I suppose that the solution is to set the focus to the menu itself
> (Menu1) or the div tag (sidebar).
> I just don't see how to do it.
>
> I can provide the code if you want but it should not be usefull.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Regards,

There is a Style attribute named z-index which refers to a third
(imaginary) dimension perpendicular to the plane of the screen. This
enables different objects (such as DIV tags) to be placed above or
below one-another.

HTH

nrietsch

On Apr 5, 11:36*pm, Stan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 5 Apr, 22:41, nrietsch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Hi,

> > I have a masterpage with a menu on the left (ASP.NET 2.0 menu
> > control).

> > I then have my content pages and my homepage does host a Google map.

> > EVERYTHING works just fine (after some extensive research) however:
> > - the masterpage loads first
> > - therefore, the menu loads
> > - the content page is loaded
> > - the Google Map DIV loads AFTER the menu

> > Result: When I expand the Menu (MenuItem1->MenuItem1.1), MenuItem1.1
> > goes UNDER the map DIV

> > I did try all possible Javascript focus() fonctions and combinations
> > but no luck.
> > I did try the ajaxToolkit:AlwaysVisibleControlExtender control as well
> > but it also goes below the Map.

> > I'm lost!

> > I suppose that the solution is to set the focus to the menu itself
> > (Menu1) or the div tag (sidebar).
> > I just don't see how to do it.

> > I can provide the code if you want but it should not be usefull.

> > Thanks in advance for your help.

> > Regards,

> There is a Style attribute named z-index which refers to a third
> (imaginary) dimension perpendicular to the plane of the screen. This
> enables different objects (such as DIV tags) to be placed above or
> below one-another.
>
> HTH- Hide quoted text -

Well done! Thanks a lot.

That worked just fine.

Low z-index on the map div and hight one on the menu control....

ISSUE SOLVED.