Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox context menu strangeness

Firefox context menu strangeness

Fred Goodwin, CMA

Whenever I right click a link to bring up the context menu to open a
new window or new tab, four instances of the word "should" show up at
the top of the menu.

I can right-click in any open area of the browser window (nowhere near
a text edit window), and still the word "should" shows up four times
at the top of the menu.

How do I get rid of this?

Leonidas Jones

Fred Goodwin, CMA wrote:
> Whenever I right click a link to bring up the context menu to open a
> new window or new tab, four instances of the word "should" show up at
> the top of the menu.
>
> I can right-click in any open area of the browser window (nowhere near
> a text edit window), and still the word "should" shows up four times
> at the top of the menu.
>
> How do I get rid of this?

I suspect that you have some kind of extension installed that is
modifying your context menu. To test this, start Firefox in Safe Mode,
and see if the context menu is correct.

Lee

FAQ Topic - How do I suppress a context menu (right-click menu)? (2012-02-22) FAQ server Javascript 0 02-22-2012 12:00 AM
add menu item to context (right-click) menu? lcplben Javascript 3 10-30-2009 11:56 PM
Firefox strangeness Should I be allowing these changes??? denny@no.address Computer Support 2 04-15-2006 03:59 AM
Firefox Context Menu Kev Firefox 0 09-23-2004 09:12 PM
Can I holdup and activate the context-menu as a sub-menu? Michel Javascript 2 08-02-2004 09:54 PM

Advertisments