Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > The Lounge > Dynamic Development

Dynamic Development

04-04-2008
I need to learn how to design dynamic pages. I already know XHTML and CSS. I can hand code and I also own Dreamweaver CS3. I am trying to decided whether to learn PHP or ColdFusion. I am open to opinions as well as best way to learn
Thanks so much

05-01-2008
php is the bomb solution. so much more powerful than coldfusion and so user-friendly too. pph.net has endless examples of how to do stuff, and there's andless forums like this and more php-dedicated ones where u can get easy help.

all you need for dynamics is an index.php file like this:

Code:
<?
session_start();
if($_GET[colour]){$_SESSION[colour]=$_GET[colour];}
?>
<html>
<body style="background-color:<?echo$_SESSION[colour]?>">
<h1>Hi!</h1>
</body>
</html>
now try index.php?colour=#FF0000 ...and of course it will be different to index.php?colour=#999999

already you can see how, using ?this=that in urls, and $_GET[blaa] (reads data pairs from the url) and $_SESSION[blaa] (stores a session cookie), you can make very dynamic sites

06-04-2009
You can increase your earning potential by teaching yourself languages like Ruby. Especially with the RoR (Ruby on Rails) framework, Ruby is one of the highest paying web development languages - especially in startups.

06-22-2009
PHP PHP PHP

go with PHP all the way and never look back

<? php

print "got it?";

?>

Yeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhh!!!!