Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > TextChanged Event doesn't fire WITH AutoPostBack = True???

TextChanged Event doesn't fire WITH AutoPostBack = True???

KathyB

Hi, clearly I'm just not getting something here. I have an aspx form
with ONE textbox and several label controls on it.

I have the textbox set to AutoPostBack = True, but when I enter my
text and hit ENTER, nothing fires.

Oddly enough, this is similar to the button problem I've just posted
as well. I use similar code for the textbox textchanged event, but it
doesn't fire on that page either IF I remove the button (even though I
don't have to press the button to fire the textchanged).

PLEASE help me, this is killing my brain.

Thank you!

Kathy

Philip Q [MVP]

The autopostback will fire when the focus of the control is lost (ie.
onBlur).
The enter key will submit the page, but is different of browsers (which is
why it doesn't really work with the onClick of buttons).

--
Philip Q
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

"KathyB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi, clearly I'm just not getting something here. I have an aspx form
> with ONE textbox and several label controls on it.
>
> I have the textbox set to AutoPostBack = True, but when I enter my
> text and hit ENTER, nothing fires.
>
> Oddly enough, this is similar to the button problem I've just posted
> as well. I use similar code for the textbox textchanged event, but it
> doesn't fire on that page either IF I remove the button (even though I
> don't have to press the button to fire the textchanged).
>
> PLEASE help me, this is killing my brain.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Kathy

Kathy Burke

Philip.

I'm using ie 6 in an intranet exclusively...it should NOT be a browser
issue.

PLEASE help me...this will kill our use of asp.net for this project. Is
not the ENTER key supposed to cause autopostback if autopostback is set
to TRUE for that box???

thanks. DESPERATE FOR ANSWER!

Kathy

Kathy Burke

Further to this post, here is the html from the source when I run this
aspx page in vs.net debug:

<input name="txtScan" type="text" onchange="__doPostBack('txtScan','')"
language="javascript" id="txtScan" style="width:144px;Z-INDEX: 107;
LEFT: 63px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 221px" />

It certainly looks (to a novice...me) that it should be doing what it
should...HOW to resolve this?

Kathy