Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mailbox full?

Mailbox full?

iL_weReo

If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

Many thanks for reading and answering.

olfart

"iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
> that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
>
> Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
>
> Many thanks for reading and answering.

it means you can't read

ded

"iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
> that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

No, it dosen't mean that "as well"

> Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

It means exactly that.

> Many thanks for reading and answering.

You're asking specifically about bounced emails, in the first instance
because as the bounce states the recipients inbox folder is full. But
the most common reason for a bounce is the address is wrong or
dosen't exist, or as with AOL'ers, they don't delete space hogging mail
from their web-based accounts.

A recipient cannot select to bounce specific email addresses, the
common tool is to block a sender, who is unaware they have been
blocked.

VanguardLH

"iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full"
> can
> that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
>
> Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
>
> Many thanks for reading and answering.

Not sure since you summarized the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail
that you got back rather than provided an exact copy of it. Probably
means the recipient's mailbox quota has been consumed and their
receiving mail server will not accept any more inbound e-mails that
target that mailbox.

I wondered why it was such a difficult concept for you to grasp. Then
I saw you are a Google Grouper. That answered my question.

iL_weReo

On Apr 3, 6:39*pm, "VanguardLH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full"
> > can
> > that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?

> > Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?

> > Many thanks for reading and answering.

> Not sure since you summarized the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail
> that you got back rather than provided an exact copy of it. *Probably
> means the recipient's mailbox quota has been consumed and their
> receiving mail server will not accept any more inbound e-mails that
> target that mailbox.
>
> I wondered why it was such a difficult concept for you to grasp. *Then
> I saw you are a Google Grouper. *That answered my question.

Thank you to everyone for your concern. Here is the header of the
bounced email in question:

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with
its
delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the
section
labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors
-----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-
mail
could
not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which
is a
general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail
administrator.

--AOL Postmaster

<(E-Mail Removed)>
(reason: 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL)

... while talking to air-me06.mail.aol.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<(E-Mail Removed)>

<<< 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Lookout

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:53:27 -0400, "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"iL_weReo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If I get a fatal email return FROM AOL and it says "mailbox full" can
>> that mean the party refuses to accept my email as well?
>>
>> Or does it just mean their mailbox is full?
>>
>> Many thanks for reading and answering.

>it means you can't read

I thought AOL was idiot proof. I stand corrected.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

iL_weReo wrote:

> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> (reason: 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL)
>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> ... while talking to air-me06.mail.aol.com.:

> <<< 552 niteshift MAILBOX FULL
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

So which is it? "niteshift" or "niteshiftz"

--
-bts
-Friends don't let friends drive Vista

VanguardLH