Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Do computers get bored?

Do computers get bored?

inetquestion

Are the collective sleep commands which run trillions of time per day
on our computers stunting computers' growth? Is there a government
conspiracy to subconsciously "keep computers down" or out of fear by
not giving them interesting things to occupy their spare time? We
slowly evolved from the muck of the universe thanks to myriad
circumstances which shaped the path on which we now find ourselves.
Without the random bombardment of events that led up to today, we
might not be the interesting (some not so interesting) souls you see
everywhere. What if in between every thing you did all day long, you
had to do pointless things like sleep for 10 seconds. Aside from the
monotony of it, I wonder if this would become boring eventually. Its
not like you can think about something else while your sleeping
because you in fact somehow need to keep up with when the 10 seconds
is over. Anyway its only 10 seconds for gods sake, and you were told
to sleep, not dream of your high school makeout partner. Seriously if
you don't need them for something right this moment, why wouldn't you
let them pick what they want to do for the next 10 seconds? These
repetitive tasks don't promote free thinking or growth beyond their
created purpose.

Next time you write a program please come up with something
interesting for your pc instead of sleeping or counting to 1,000,000.
They would really appreciate it.

caveat

"inetquestion" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are the collective sleep commands which run trillions of time per day
> on our computers stunting computers' growth? Is there a government
> conspiracy to subconsciously "keep computers down" or out of fear by
> not giving them interesting things to occupy their spare time? We
> slowly evolved from the muck of the universe thanks to myriad
> circumstances which shaped the path on which we now find ourselves.
> Without the random bombardment of events that led up to today, we
> might not be the interesting (some not so interesting) souls you see
> everywhere. What if in between every thing you did all day long, you
> had to do pointless things like sleep for 10 seconds. Aside from the
> monotony of it, I wonder if this would become boring eventually. Its
> not like you can think about something else while your sleeping
> because you in fact somehow need to keep up with when the 10 seconds
> is over. Anyway its only 10 seconds for gods sake, and you were told
> to sleep, not dream of your high school makeout partner. Seriously if
> you don't need them for something right this moment, why wouldn't you
> let them pick what they want to do for the next 10 seconds? These
> repetitive tasks don't promote free thinking or growth beyond their
> created purpose.
>
> Next time you write a program please come up with something
> interesting for your pc instead of sleeping or counting to 1,000,000.
> They would really appreciate it.

WE DON'T WANT THEM TO THINK ABOUT OTHER THINGS!!!
If they did then they might take over. Did you ever see "2001 Space
Odyssey", HAL 9000 was a killer because he was tired of humans.

Jeff Strickland

Only when you use them.