Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Standard C++ Library

Standard C++ Library

Paul Brettschneider

Razii wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 15:13:24 +0200, Paul Brettschneider
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>And of course you can write the same silly code with std::map. It's slower
>>then, but still 4-5 times faster than the original.

> I didn't compile but doesn't matter.

Then fix it. You might even learn something, though you seem to be genuinely
not interested in learning. Your loss.

> You are still using trie data
> structure.

So what? You wanted a faster program which uses std::map and I gave you a
400-500% speed increase. Not too shabby, IMHO. BTW: I get another 20% speed
improvement by using non-buffered IO, but leave that to you as an exercise.

Paul Brettschneider

Razii wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 11:55:15 +0200, Paul Brettschneider
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Then fix it. You might even learn something, though you seem to be
>>genuinely not interested in learning. Your loss.

> LOL. You post code that doesn't compile or is missing things (like
> total words in the last versions) and then, you ask people to fix it.
> I am not here to learn. I am here for having fun. If wanted to learn,
> I would go to school or buy books. Why would I come to USENET?

This might be news to you, but for many people learning is actually fun. And
I know Usenet is a great pool of knowledge. You seem to gain fun from being
and staying a brat. Again: your loss.