Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best pocket sized camera with AA or AAA batteries and SD?

Best pocket sized camera with AA or AAA batteries and SD?

Daniel Prince

In your opinion, what is the best pocket sized camera that uses AA
or AAA batteries and stores the pictures on SD cards?

(I do not want lithium ion batteries because they only last two to
three years regardless of how much they are used. I want SD because
they cost the least per gig and I already have some for my super
zoom camera and my mp3 player.)

Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

measekite

Daniel Prince wrote:
> In your opinion, what is the best pocket sized camera that uses AA
> or AAA batteries and stores the pictures on SD cards?

I would look at the Canon SD series. The second best is the Panasonic
Lumix but a little more on the noisy and over processed side.
> (I do not want lithium ion batteries because they only last two to
> three years regardless of how much they are used. I want SD because
> they cost the least per gig and I already have some for my super
> zoom camera and my mp3 player.)
>
> Thank you in advance for all replies.
> --
> Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
> grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
> REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

ray

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 07:12:52 -0700, Daniel Prince wrote:

> In your opinion, what is the best pocket sized camera that uses AA or
> AAA batteries and stores the pictures on SD cards?
>
> (I do not want lithium ion batteries because they only last two to three
> years regardless of how much they are used. I want SD because they cost
> the least per gig and I already have some for my super zoom camera and
> my mp3 player.)
>
> Thank you in advance for all replies.

What is the best car that burns gasoline and has a trunk? There are plenty
to choose from - suggest you look for what pleases you - I don't think
there is a 'best' - if so, then why so many?

Dudley Hanks

I like the Canon Powershot A720.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Dudley Hanks wrote:

I like the Canon Powershot A720.

It is very good and I have recommended it to many people.&nbsp; But in this case the poster wanted a pocket sized camera, therefore; a member of the SD series is more impr

"Daniel Prince" &lt;(E-Mail Removed)&gt; wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

In your opinion, what is the best pocket sized camera that uses AA or AAA batteries and stores the pictures on SD cards? (I do not want lithium ion batteries because they only last two to three years regardless of how much they are used. I want SD because they cost the least per gig and I already have some for my super zoom camera and my mp3 player.) Thank you in advance for all replies. -- Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY, REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Ron Hunter

Daniel Prince wrote:
> In your opinion, what is the best pocket sized camera that uses AA
> or AAA batteries and stores the pictures on SD cards?
>
> (I do not want lithium ion batteries because they only last two to
> three years regardless of how much they are used. I want SD because
> they cost the least per gig and I already have some for my super
> zoom camera and my mp3 player.)
>
> Thank you in advance for all replies.
> --
> Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
> grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
> REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Much depends on just what your needs are, and how much you are willing
to pay. Without that information, we can't even tell you which ballpark
to look in, let alone where in that ballpark to get the 'best' seat.

ASAAR

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:36:14 -0400, Neil Harrington wrote:

> Almost all pocket-sized cameras nowadays except Olympus and Fujifilm
> use SD cards, so that part's pretty easy -- just avoid Olympus and Fuji. I
> don't think any cameras use AAA batteries since they have much lower
> capacity than AA cells.

As far as I'm aware, most of the recent small Fuji cameras use SD
cards. They'll also accept xD cards, but their use is completely
optional and it's been a while since I've used anything but SD cards
in mine. I've seen a few cameras that use AAA batteries, but their
quality has been much lower than their battery capacity.

Blinky the Shark

ASAAR wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:36:14 -0400, Neil Harrington wrote:
>
>> Almost all pocket-sized cameras nowadays except Olympus and Fujifilm use
>> SD cards, so that part's pretty easy -- just avoid Olympus and Fuji. I
>> don't think any cameras use AAA batteries since they have much lower
>> capacity than AA cells.

> As far as I'm aware, most of the recent small Fuji cameras use SD
> cards. They'll also accept xD cards, but their use is completely optional
> and it's been a while since I've used anything but SD cards in mine.
> I've seen a few cameras that use AAA batteries, but their quality has been
> much lower than their battery capacity.

My three-ish month old Fuji A820 takes both xD and SD. My buddy picked up
an A920 this week; it, too, goes both ways, so that slighty newer one
hasn't been stripped of that versatility.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

Neil Harrington wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> ASAAR wrote:

>>> As far as I'm aware, most of the recent small Fuji cameras use SD
>>> cards. They'll also accept xD cards, but their use is completely
>>> optional and it's been a while since I've used anything but SD cards in
>>> mine. I've seen a few cameras that use AAA batteries, but their
>>> quality has been much lower than their battery capacity.

>> My three-ish month old Fuji A820 takes both xD and SD. My buddy picked
>> up an A920 this week; it, too, goes both ways, so that slighty newer one
>> hasn't been stripped of that versatility.

> I suspect the fact that they are doing that shows the handwriting is on
> the wall for the xD card, which will go the way of the SmartMedia card in
> the not too distant future.

How is it inferior? I know its backers include Fuji, but I don't see that
as a problem.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:

Neil Harrington wrote:

[...]