Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > asp.net and logout problem & loginstatus

asp.net and logout problem & loginstatus

Jeff

hey

asp.net 3.5

I'm creating a webportal where people can login...

when logout the user is presented with webpage specified in web.config:
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms cookieless="AutoDetect" loginUrl="~/Default.aspx" />
</authentication>

The problem is that if a user is logged in for too long, when he logout he
isn't redirected to the login page. Instead he just get logged out, but the
user continue to on the same page as he used when being logged in...

this is the loginstatus, users click on to logout:
<asp:LoginStatus ID="LoginStatus1" LogoutText="Logg ut"
LogoutAction="Redirect" CssClass="left_column" runat="server" />

any suggestions?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I am fond of adding a redirect to logout page type of script in my code that
will auto log out people who overstay their welcome (ie, let their session
time out). In conjunction, a "you cannot use the back button" script works
well. It requires a bit of "forced" retraining to avoid that button,
however.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA