Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > tag object

tag object

miki79

Hi,

it's possible to use a html tag object as a tag iframe. When a declare in a
acsx file the tag object, i can't access to them with the codebehind C#.
Visual Studio says that there is no definition for the ID of the tag object.

Can you help me?
Regards
Michele

Eliyahu Goldin

Do you mean you have an <iframe id="myFrame" .. /> tag in the markup and you
want to access it from c#? If that's what you need, just add runat="server":

<iframe id="myFrame" runat="server" ... />

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

"miki79" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> it's possible to use a html tag object as a tag iframe. When a declare in
> acsx file the tag object, i can't access to them with the codebehind C#.
> Visual Studio says that there is no definition for the ID of the tag
> object.
>
> Can you help me?
> Regards
> Michele

miki79

Excuse me for the bad question.

i have the <object id="myObject" .. runat="server" /> tag in the markup and
i want access it from C#

example:

this.myObject.Attributes.Add("data", "http://www.microsoft.com");

but Visual Studio says that there is no definition for myObject. I must use
<object instead of <iframe for problem of accessibility

Regards
Michele

"Eliyahu Goldin" wrote:

> Do you mean you have an <iframe id="myFrame" .. /> tag in the markup and you
> want to access it from c#? If that's what you need, just add runat="server":
>
> <iframe id="myFrame" runat="server" ... />
>
> --
> Eliyahu Goldin,
> Software Developer
> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
> http://usableasp.net
>

> "miki79" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > it's possible to use a html tag object as a tag iframe. When a declare in
> > acsx file the tag object, i can't access to them with the codebehind C#.
> > Visual Studio says that there is no definition for the ID of the tag
> > object.
> >
> > Can you help me?
> > Regards
> > Michele

bruce barker

just like script, an <object runat=server id=myObject> defines a server
side object (not a client side) that is accessible from c#. its
properties match the object type of course.

to define a client side object from the codebehind you need to use a
different control.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

miki79 wrote:
> Excuse me for the bad question.
>
> i have the <object id="myObject" .. runat="server" /> tag in the markup and
> i want access it from C#
>
> example:
>
> this.myObject.Attributes.Add("data", "http://www.microsoft.com");
>
> but Visual Studio says that there is no definition for myObject. I must use
> <object instead of <iframe for problem of accessibility
>
> Regards
> Michele
>

> "Eliyahu Goldin" wrote:
>
>> Do you mean you have an <iframe id="myFrame" .. /> tag in the markup and you
>> want to access it from c#? If that's what you need, just add runat="server":
>>
>> <iframe id="myFrame" runat="server" ... />
>>
>> --
>> Eliyahu Goldin,
>> Software Developer
>> Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
>> http://usableasp.net
>>

>> "miki79" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> it's possible to use a html tag object as a tag iframe. When a declare in
>>> acsx file the tag object, i can't access to them with the codebehind C#.
>>> Visual Studio says that there is no definition for the ID of the tag
>>> object.
>>>
>>> Can you help me?
>>> Regards
>>> Michele

miki79

Hi, but i don't be able to access at the myObject from C#. I don't understand
why if i declare an IFRAME, i can access to it, but it's not possibile if i
declare a tag object.

Regard
Michele