Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > can't connect to specific wlan

can't connect to specific wlan

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Create a New WEP Hex key in the Wireless Router and paste it to the
Computer's Wireless manger.
http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#wep
BTW, WEP is not good security, use WPA.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Air" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi:
>
> My dell laptop has stopped being able to connect to my ATT WLAN running
> WEP.
> It CAN connect to other WLANs unencrypted or using WPA. There is something
> corrupt but I'm not sure where to look.

Air

hi:

My dell laptop has stopped being able to connect to my ATT WLAN running WEP.
It CAN connect to other WLANs unencrypted or using WPA. There is something
corrupt but I'm not sure where to look.

Air

Unfortunately, it's an older model 2Wire given with an ATT DSL acct.
I'm not sure I can get into the modem/router to change the HEX key.
Otherwise, I would used WPA.

Thanks for the Info.