Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > PlatformNotSupportedException when accessing HttpReponse.Headers

PlatformNotSupportedException when accessing HttpReponse.Headers

newsgroup.poster@gmail.com

I encounter the following exception when accessing
HttpResponse.Headers after having installed .net 3.5 SDK:

[PlatformNotSupportedException: This operation requires IIS integrated
pipeline mode.]
System.Web.HttpResponse.get_Headers() +3300614

My server is windows 2003 (iis6), my dev environment is winxppro
(either iis5 or vswebdevserver).

I've saw description of this exception here

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ceptionsToggle

but I don't understand why it should apply because I don't use iis 7.

I'm working arround by hacking ContentType property appending required
headers, but I wonder if there is a way to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Gauthier Segay

Mark Fitzpatrick

The feature you're looking for only works with IIS 7, that's why you're
getting the PlatformNotSupportedException. If you try to run this code on
IIS 6 you'll get this exact error because it's not available. The way you're
doing this is correct for the version of IIS you have available.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I encounter the following exception when accessing
> HttpResponse.Headers after having installed .net 3.5 SDK:
>
> [PlatformNotSupportedException: This operation requires IIS integrated
> pipeline mode.]
> System.Web.HttpResponse.get_Headers() +3300614
>
> My server is windows 2003 (iis6), my dev environment is winxppro
> (either iis5 or vswebdevserver).
>
> I've saw description of this exception here
>
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ceptionsToggle
>
> but I don't understand why it should apply because I don't use iis 7.
>
> I'm working arround by hacking ContentType property appending required
> headers, but I wonder if there is a way to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gauthier Segay

newsgroup.poster@gmail.com

I got confused because I sure have used headers with asp.net before,
but it seems I was wrong and always relied on this trick.

Thanks for your answer and clarification.