Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > 802.11A Advice

802.11A Advice

JohnO

"Pavel A." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%231$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "JohnO" <johno@!NOOSPAM!heathkit.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks, apparently the practical details of how this works aren't easy to
>> locate.

> Perhaps the tech. support of your wi-fi adapter makers are just waiting
> your call.

Ha! When I called D-Link the first-level goof kept asking me about the AP
giving me an IP, and he didn't know what I meant when I said ad-hoc. The
second-level guy was OK, but wanted me to reinstall Windows when the WZC
services were missing. (someone here gave me a simple Reg tweak instead)

Xirrus has some cool posters, but no real explanations. I'll dig it up
eventually...a colleage will be revising a WiFi training course this summer.

-John O