Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > how to allow designer to design in frontpage and hit the same asp/aspx page

how to allow designer to design in frontpage and hit the same asp/aspx page

SStory

My client wants to design ever changing forms in Frontpage and have them
mailed in HTML format to her.

How could I go about using ASP or ASP.NET to take the information of any
form she designed in Frontpage and submitted to the asp/asx page, and
rebuild that HTML form page identically--filling in the submitted
information and then send it to her. Or save the information--I thought of
looping through each control and placing in a delimited database field and
then sending her a link to a page, but
how could I regenerate her html page and fill in the form without having to
make a new asp page for each different HTML form that she makes?

Any help would be appreciated.

I thought maybe there might be a code behind way for her to just add one
code behind line to her html page, but
then I know the control must be runat server and other items for it to work.

Is there anyway to make this work so that she creates forms and I just mail
whatever form to her with data intact?

thanks

Shane

SStory

Thanks for the answer.
I know ASP, but am really new at ASP.NET
I don't understand the part of creating a webrequest.
Would that get the whole html page in memory or something?
How would it accomplish mailing the actual filled out page--form filled in
and all?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, as the form submits to the ASPX page, the URL of the HTML form would
> be found in Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_REFERER"]. You could use this to
> create a WebRequest for the HTML page, which would return the actual page.
> From there it's a relatively simple matter of identifying the form fields

by
> parsing the HTML, and populating them.
>
> --
> HTH,
>
> Kevin Spencer
> Microsoft MVP
> .Net Developer
> http://www.takempis.com
> Big things are made up of
> lots of little things.
>
> "SStory >" <(E-Mail Removed) <remove the 'online.' to send me
> mail> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My client wants to design ever changing forms in Frontpage and have them
> > mailed in HTML format to her.
> >
> > How could I go about using ASP or ASP.NET to take the information of any
> > form she designed in Frontpage and submitted to the asp/asx page, and
> > rebuild that HTML form page identically--filling in the submitted
> > information and then send it to her. Or save the information--I thought

> of
> > looping through each control and placing in a delimited database field

and
> > then sending her a link to a page, but
> > how could I regenerate her html page and fill in the form without having

> > make a new asp page for each different HTML form that she makes?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > I thought maybe there might be a code behind way for her to just add one
> > code behind line to her html page, but
> > then I know the control must be runat server and other items for it to

> work.
> >
> > Is there anyway to make this work so that she creates forms and I just

> mail
> > whatever form to her with data intact?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Shane

SStory

Thanks for the idea..

After a lot of reading, I finally got what you are talking about... pretty
drastic and has taken me 250-300lines of code, but I am getting very close
to having what I need.

Shane