Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bios update?

Bios update?

squirlchatr@yahoo.com

Hi, I have an old Compaq presario 1692 desktop. It has a phoenix bios
4.0 release 6.0 , is what it says it is reported as being. The BIOS
seems buggy at times. Can anybody tell me if there is a newer version
than this to upgrade.

I've looked but many of the sites are nothing but an annoying
runaround waste of time. Does anybody know what update version of this
bios ended?

Thanks

why?

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:46:48 -0700 (PDT), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

Maybe?

>Hi, I have an old Compaq presario 1692 desktop. It has a phoenix bios
>4.0 release 6.0 , is what it says it is reported as being. The BIOS
>seems buggy at times. Can anybody tell me if there is a newer version

If you can figure out the BIOS is at fault, you then can't find an
upgrade.

>than this to upgrade.
>
>I've looked but many of the sites are nothing but an annoying

Including this?
http://h10061.www1.hp.com/ccsearch/s....y=6&Submit=go
or shorter
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2d7m3g

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=95231
HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS or ROM for Notebooks Running
Windows XP
Step 2: Check the HP Drivers and Downloads page for BIOS or ROM updates

1.
Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads page , and search for your
series and model notebook.
2.
Select the operating system from the list that you are using. If a
BIOS update is available, the update will be listed under the heading
ROMPaqs/BIOS and Firmware .
3.
If you do not see a BIOS update, stop here; the notebook does not
require a BIOS update at this time.

From Setp 2 there aren't any listed.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=95231&lang=en
BIOS / CPU
Compaq Presario 1692 Notebook PC

>runaround waste of time. Does anybody know what update version of this
>bios ended?
>
>Thanks

Me

squirlchatr@yahoo.com

why? wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:46:48 -0700 (PDT), (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> Maybe?
>
> >Hi, I have an old Compaq presario 1692 desktop. It has a phoenix bios
> >4.0 release 6.0 , is what it says it is reported as being. The BIOS
> >seems buggy at times. Can anybody tell me if there is a newer version

> If you can figure out the BIOS is at fault, you then can't find an
> upgrade.
>
> >than this to upgrade.
> >
> >I've looked but many of the sites are nothing but an annoying

> Including this?
> http://h10061.www1.hp.com/ccsearch/s....y=6&Submit=go
> or shorter
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/2d7m3g
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=95231
> HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS or ROM for Notebooks Running
> Windows XP
> Step 2: Check the HP Drivers and Downloads page for BIOS or ROM updates
>
> 1.
> Go to the HP Drivers and Downloads page , and search for your
> series and model notebook.
> 2.
> Select the operating system from the list that you are using. If a
> BIOS update is available, the update will be listed under the heading
> ROMPaqs/BIOS and Firmware .
> 3.
> If you do not see a BIOS update, stop here; the notebook does not
> require a BIOS update at this time.
>

> From Setp 2 there aren't any listed.
>

> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=95231&lang=en
> BIOS / CPU
> Compaq Presario 1692 Notebook PC
>

> >runaround waste of time. Does anybody know what update version of this
> >bios ended?
> >
> >Thanks

> Me

Thanks, no update, the problem is minimal, as the boot order sometimes
doesn't work in the right order, but I'll leave it alone so I don't
accidentally make it unworkable.