Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sending text messages

Sending text messages

eugene

Hi folks, off topic maybe but can anyone offer a solution. I am in Ireland
and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in France. The
text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or someting to the
number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any difference.

Desk Rabbit

eugene wrote:
> Hi folks, off topic maybe but can anyone offer a solution. I am in
> Ireland and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in
> France. The text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or
> someting to the number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any
> difference.

44 is the country code for the UK so that won't work. The country code
for France is 33 so try +33 or 033 followed by the number with the
leading 0 dropped.

If however the the mobile you are calling is a UK mobile that is
currently in France then use the 44 country code.

If neither of those work, write a letter or come back in here with more
detail.

Aardvark

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:13:24 +0100, eugene wrote:

> Hi folks, off topic maybe but can anyone offer a solution. I am in
> Ireland and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in
> France. The text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or
> someting to the number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any
> difference.

Every country has an international dialling code (like 44 for the UK
etc). The country code for France is 33. If the number you are dialling
is 0707-something in France then remove the initial zero and replace it
with the country code ie 33 707-something.

More information here:

http://www.kftv.com/infozone/general/int-dialling.asp

HTH

A fellow Irishman

--
Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
http://www.liverpool08.com

eugene

"Aardvark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0NzIj.8285$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:13:24 +0100, eugene wrote:
>
>> Hi folks, off topic maybe but can anyone offer a solution. I am in
>> Ireland and I am trying to send a text message to a friend who is in
>> France. The text will not send and I'm wondering if I need to add 44 or
>> someting to the number. The number is a 0707 number if that makes any
>> difference.

> Every country has an international dialling code (like 44 for the UK
> etc). The country code for France is 33. If the number you are dialling
> is 0707-something in France then remove the initial zero and replace it
> with the country code ie 33 707-something.
>
> More information here:
>
> http://www.kftv.com/infozone/general/int-dialling.asp
>
> HTH
>
> A fellow Irishman
>
> --
> Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
> http://www.liverpool08.com

thanks guys, the 33 prefix appears to have worked